We all know about ragi dosa. This recipe is a slight variation from the regular batter. Sago/Javvarisi, gives softness and a good taste to the dosa. The same batter can be used to make soft as well as crispy dosas. Try this easy recipe and enjoy a tasty, healthy dosa!
- 2 Cups Ragi Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sago/Javvarisi/Sabudana
- 1/2 Cup White whole Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi/Vendhayam Seeds
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak sago, dal and fenugreek separately for 4 hours. Drain.
- First grind methi seeds smoothly. Add urad dal and grind to soft fluffy consistency. Remove and add sago. Grind to a smooth batter.
- In a wild bowl add ragi flour, salt and make a thick batter with water. Make sure there are no lumps. Now add sago and dal batter and mix everything well. Adjust the consistency. Ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Make thick/thin dosas as per your preference.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Do not add too much water while grinding.
- Other millet flours can also be used instead of ragi.