We all know about ragi dosa. This recipe is a slight variation from the regular batter. Sago/Javvarisi, gives softness and a good taste to the dosa. The same batter can be used to make soft as well as crispy dosas. Try this easy recipe and enjoy a tasty, healthy dosa!
- 2 Cups Ragi Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sago/Javvarisi/Sabudana
- 1/2 Cup White whole Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi/Vendhayam Seeds
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak sago, dal and fenugreek separately for 4 hours. Drain.
- First grind methi seeds smoothly. Add urad dal and grind to soft fluffy consistency. Remove and add sago. Grind to a smooth batter.
- In a wild bowl add ragi flour, salt and make a thick batter with water. Make sure there are no lumps. Now add sago and dal batter and mix everything well. Adjust the consistency. Ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Make thick/thin dosas as per your preference.
- Do not add too much water while grinding.
- Other millet flours can also be used instead of ragi.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?