Set dosa is famous dosa variety in Karnataka. Crispy bottom and soft texture on the other side makes this dosa very special. Generally the dosas are small and medium thick, served usually as a set of 3. I have already shared this variety with Jowar. Ragi has its own nutritious value and it gives a beautiful colour to the dosas!
- 1 Cup Ragi Grains
- 1 Cup Idli Rice
- 1 Cup Sago (sabudana/Javvarisi)
- 3/4 Cup Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2.5 Tsp Salt
- Add all the ingredients in a wide bowl except salt. Wash a few times and soak for 6 hours. Drain and grind to a smooth batter adding less water. The batter should be thick and not runny. Add salt and ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Next day morning, heat a dosa tawa and make slightly thick small dosas. Add oil from sides. Cover and cook for a few minutes on medium heat, till the bottom turns crispy and the top portion gets cooked. Repeat the process for all dosas.
- Serve with podi/chutney/sambar.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Grinding the batter to a smooth texture helps to get spongy dosas.