Smoothie is a thick and creamy beverage made from raw fruits and vegetables. There are various versions of smoothies. Sometimes oats and dairy products like milk, curd, are added. For this recipe, I have used Ragi flour, almond milk, fruits and vegetable. Ragi is rich in Calcium iron and fibre. A perfect blend of carbs, protein, fibre and micro nutrients. It was quite filling and tastes so good! The basic recipe was shared by one of the follower of this website, Mrs.Sakshi Kamath. I improvised it to make it more healthy and suit our taste.
- 2 Tbsp Ragi Flour
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 Apple
- 1 Small Carrot
- 4 Deseeded Dates
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Milk/Dairy Milk
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- In a small pan add ragi flour and water. Mix thoroughly without lumps. Cook on medium heat till it becomes thick, glossy and absorbs all water. This may take 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure, you stir continuously while cooking. Allow it to cool completely.
- In a blender add the fruits and veggie after chopping into small pieces. Blend to a nice smooth paste.
- Mix this puree to the cooked ragi and add milk. Mix well and serve.
1. Fruits of your choice can be added.
2. I used vegan milk since my family is moving towards veganism. You can add dairy milk also.
3. This recipe should also work with Little Millet and Kodo millet flours, though I have not tried it. Adjust water quantity accordingly.