Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
This is a children friendly breakfast dish. I have already shared a waffle recipe with jaggery as a sweetener. For this recipe, I used ragi flour which is rich in iron and calcium and palm sugar as sweetener.
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Ragi Flour
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed Flour
- 1/2 Cup Palm Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Powder
- A Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water (approx.)
- Mix all the ingredients well except baking powder to make a smooth thick batter of pouring consistency.
- Rest it for 10 minutes. Add baking powder and give a good mix.
- Grease the waffle maker with butter or oil.
- When it is ready, pour a ladle full of batter.
- Cover and cook till the batter is cooked completely.
- Remove and place it on a serving plate.
- Pour some chocolate syrup as topping before serving.
- The waffle many not be very soft since we are not using maida and eggs.