Ramen is a Japanese Dish. Every region of Japan has their own variation and this is nothing but a soupy noodles. I made a simple Ramen with Jowar noodles and coconut milk with fresh veggies. The taste was mind blowing and what a healthy bowl of meal it was! Try this recipe and bring the international cuisine to your kitchen with our healthy desi noodles and seasonal veggies!!
- 100 Grams Jowar Noodles
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste (I used ready made Thai Red Curry paste)
- 2 Cups Fresh Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Spring Onions
- 5 Long Strips of Yellow Pumpkin/Squash
- 5 Long Strips of Carrot
- 3 Baby corns
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- Cook the noodles and wash under cold water so that they don't stick to each other.
- In a wide pan add oil and sauté Chopped Onions, Green Chillies, Ginger and Garlic till the raw smell goes off. Add turmeric powder and curry paste and mix well.
- Add coconut milk, cooked noodles and close the pan. Let the milk cook in the retained heat.
- In a pan add 1/2 Tsp sesame oil and saute cut baby corns for 2 minutes. Add soya sauce and mix thoroughly so that the corn pieces are well coated. Switch off heat.
- In a Serving bowl, put some noodles with soup. Place the toppings as you wish and serve hot. Sprinkle some pepper powder, if necessary.
- A healthy balanced whole meal in a bowl is what we need during winters!
- If the soup is thick, add some hot water and mix thoroughly before serving. Adjust salt accordingly.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email