Ramen is a Japanese Dish. Every region of Japan has their own variation and this is nothing but a soupy noodles. I made a simple Ramen with Jowar noodles and coconut milk with fresh veggies. The taste was mind blowing and what a healthy bowl of meal it was! Try this recipe and bring the international cuisine to your kitchen with our healthy desi noodles and seasonal veggies!!
- 100 Grams Jowar Noodles
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste (I used ready made Thai Red Curry paste)
- 2 Cups Fresh Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Spring Onions
- 5 Long Strips of Yellow Pumpkin
- 5 Long Strips of Carrot
- 3 Baby corns
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- In a 3 Ltr Pressure Cooker:
- Layer 1: Sesame Oil, water
- Layer 2: Chopped Onions, Green Chillies, Ginger and Garlic
- Layer 3: Salt, Turmeric Powder, Sugar and Curry Paste
- In a bowl, place the noodles and add water just enough to cover them. Add a tsp of oil so that they don't stick to each other.
- Layer 4: Place this bowl over Layer 3.
- Cook on high for 3 whistles. Switch off.
- Release pressure manually, add coconut milk, cooked noodles and close. Let the milk cook in the retained heat.
- In a pan add 1/2 Tsp sesame oil and saute cut baby corns for 2 minutes. Add soya sauce and mix thoroughly so that the corn pieces are well coated. Switch off heat.
- In a Serving bowl, put some noodles with soup. Place the toppings as you wish and serve hot. Sprinkle some pepper powder, if necessary.
- A healthy balanced whole meal in a bowl is what we need during winters!
- If the soup is thick, add some hot water and mix thoroughly before serving. Adjust salt accordingly.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email