Using raw mangoes for various dishes is common across India. Mango Chitranna is a popular rice variety of south India. I followed the same method to make this quick breakfast item using millet poha and everyone at home loved it. Try this tangy dish and enjoy the taste of raw mango before the season ends!
- 1.5 Cups Little Millet Poha/flakes
- 1 Cup grated raw mango/maangai/Kairi
- 2 Tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- 1 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 4 Slit Green chillies/red Chillies
- 10 Curry Leaves
- Wash and drain poha.
- In a pan do the seasoning of all the items given in the order using oil.
- Add the grated mango and sauté for a few minutes till the raw smell goes off and it gets cooked.
- Keeping the heat low, add the drained poha, salt and give a good mix so that everything is mixed well.
- Turn off heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves. Serve warm.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Any millet poha/flakes can be used for this recipe.
2. Adding of a teaspoon of sugar at the end will enhance the taste.