This crunchy pakoda is usually made using rice flour and besan. I have used jowar flour and it was as crunchy as rice pakoda. This goes well with tea or as a side dish for rice varieties.
- 1 Cup Jowar/Cholam Flour
- 1 Cup Besan/Kadala maavu
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- Oil for frying
- In a wide bowl, add besan and jowar flour.
- Add salt, chilli powder, asafoetida powder and butter. Mix well.
- Add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Using the ribbon plate of the press, make a round with the batter in the oil.
- When one side is done, flip carefully and cook the other side.
- Remove when the sizzling sound subsides and place it on a tissue paper to remove the excess oil.
- Cool completely and store in an air tight container.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email