This crunchy pakoda is usually made using rice flour and besan. I have used jowar flour and it was as crunchy as rice pakoda. This goes well with tea or as a side dish for rice varieties.
- 1 Cup Jowar/Cholam Flour
- 1 Cup Besan/Kadala maavu
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- Oil for frying
- In a wide bowl, add besan and jowar flour.
- Add salt, chilli powder, asafoetida powder and butter. Mix well.
- Add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Using the ribbon plate of the press, make a round with the batter in the oil.
- When one side is done, flip carefully and cook the other side.
- Remove when the sizzling sound subsides and place it on a tissue paper to remove the excess oil.
- Cool completely and store in an air tight container.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?