For centuries, people of Tamil nadu lived on old rice soaked in water and having it along with some onions, salt and buttermilk as breakfast! This is a very good probiotic drink with which I grew up with. This was our regular breakfast food during summer vacations. Due to modernisation, we lost all these healthy dishes! I used Kodo millet rice for this recipe and revived my good old childhood memories!
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Kodo Millet Rice
- Enough water to soak the rice
- 1/2 Cup Curd or thick buttermilk
- 6 Chopped Shallots
- 1/4 Tsp Rock Salt
- 6 Chopped curry leaves
- 1/8 Tsp asafoetida
- 1/2 Tsp seasoned mustard seeds
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped cucumber
- 1/4 Tsp Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- Add water just enough to cover the cooked and cooled rice, preferably in a mud pot. Add salt.
- Next day morning, mash the soaked rice with hands. Add the other ingredients.
- Serve with any pickle.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?