Cooks in : 10 min Serves: 2 people
Samba Sadham (Pepper, Jeera Rice) is a simple, unique, flavourful and tasty rice variety served as a prasadham in Chidambaram Natarajar Temple. Since pepper and cumin have a lot of medicinal properties, having this rice variety at least once in 15 days helps our stomach function properly.
- 2 Cups of Cooked Kodo Millet Rice
- 1 Tbsp Cumin/Jeera
- 3/4 Tbsp Pepper/Milagu
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cashewnuts
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- In a pan dry roast pepper and cumin seeds separately. Grind them coarsely.
- Heat ghee add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering, add urad dal and cashew nuts. Roast them till golden brown. Switch off the heat.
- Immediately add the ground pepper cumin powder and curry leaves. Roast them in the retained heat.
- Add the precooked millet rice, salt and mix well.
- Serve with Kathirikkai/Brinjal Gothsu.
1. Other precooked milletslike Little, Barnyard, Foxtail and Prso can be used for this recipe.
2. Some peanuts can also be added to the seasoning.
3. Increase/decrease pepper quantity according to your taste.