Samba Sadham (Pepper, Jeera Rice) is a simple, unique, flavourful and tasty rice variety served as a prasadham in Chidambaram Natarajar Temple. Since pepper and cumin have a lot of medicinal properties, having this rice variety at least once in 15 days helps our stomach function properly.
- 2 Cups of Cooked Kodo Millet Rice
- 1 Tbsp Cumin/Jeera
- 3/4 Tbsp Pepper/Milagu
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cashewnuts
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- In a pan dry roast pepper and cumin seeds separately. Grind them coarsely.
- Heat ghee add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering, add urad dal and cashew nuts. Roast them till golden brown. Switch off the heat.
- Immediately add the ground pepper cumin powder and curry leaves. Roast them in the retained heat.
- Add the precooked millet rice, salt and mix well.
- Serve with Kathirikkai/Brinjal Gothsu.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Other precooked milletslike Little, Barnyard, Foxtail and Prso can be used for this recipe.
2. Some peanuts can also be added to the seasoning.
3. Increase/decrease pepper quantity according to your taste.