Semiya/Vermicelli Fruit custard is an excellent and easy dessert with simple ingredients. It is a great way to enjoy all the seasonal fruits along with dry fruits. I used Bajra vermicelli for this recipe and it turned out so yummy!
- 1/2 Litre Milk
- 1/2 Cup Pearl Millet Vermicelli/Kambu Semiya
- 2 Tbsp each chopped (almonds, Cashew nuts, dates)
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar/Naatu Sarkarai
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tsp Custard Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 Cup each Chopped fruits (banana, apple, pomegranate)
- Heat a pan, add ghee and roast almonds, cashews and dates for a minute. Add vermicelli and roast for a minute.
- Keep 1/4 Cup milk separately. Add milk and cook the vermicelli till soft. Add custard powder to the 1/4 cup milk and mix well without lumps. When the vermicelli is cooked soft, add sugar and mix well. Keeping the heat on low, add the custard mixture to the vermicelli while mixing continuously.
- Cook for another two minutes till it thickens. Finally add cardamom powder and switch off. Let it come to room temperature. Transfer it to a bowl, cover with a lid and place it in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove add the chopped fresh fruits and mix well. Serve chill.
- Almond milk or Cashew milk can be used for this recipe for vegan version.
- Other millet vermicelli can be used for this recipe
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?