Spinach/Palak is one of the healthiest leafy vegetable, and we all know about its health benefits. It is a good source of iron, zinc, insoluble fibre, diabetic friendly, rich in Vitamin C and A. Many dishes can be made with this pocket friendly nutritious veggie. This simple mixed rice variety made using millets makes the dish even more healthier!
- 2 Cups Precooked Cooled Kodo Millet
- 2 Cups Chopped Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Frozen Green Peas
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Onions (cut into thin small strips)
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1.5 Tbsp Oil
- 8 Pepper Corn
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 each (Bay Leaf, Cardamom)
- A Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- In a small pan heat oil and add the whole spices and sauté for a minute. Add onions and sauté till transparent. Add peas and green chillies, cook for a minute.
- Now add spinach leaves, salt, turmeric powder and sauté till it shrinks and the moisture is evaporated. Switch off.
- Mix in the precooked millet, lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Other millets like Foxtail, Little, Proso, Barnyard can also be used.
- Adjust green chillies according to your taste.