Spinach/Palak is one of the healthiest leafy vegetable, and we all know about its health benefits. It is a good source of iron, zinc, insoluble fibre, diabetic friendly, rich in Vitamin C and A. Many dishes can be made with this pocket friendly nutritious veggie. This simple mixed rice variety made using millets makes the dish even more healthier!
- 2 Cups Precooked Cooled Kodo Millet
- 2 Cups Chopped Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Frozen Green Peas
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Onions (cut into thin small strips)
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1.5 Tbsp Oil
- 8 Pepper Corn
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 each (Bay Leaf, Cardamom)
- A Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- In a small pan heat oil and add the whole spices and sauté for a minute. Add onions and sauté till transparent. Add peas and green chillies, cook for a minute.
- Now add spinach leaves, salt, turmeric powder and sauté till it shrinks and the moisture is evaporated. Switch off.
- Mix in the precooked millet, lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Other millets like Foxtail, Little, Proso, Barnyard can also be used.
- Adjust green chillies according to your taste.