Tawa Pulav is a famous quick fix rice variety generally available with pav bhaji vendors of Mumbai! Big tawa is generally used to make this dish. Pre cooked veggies and rice are mixed with pav bhaji masala and turned into yummy pulav! I used Kodo millet for this recipe.
- 1 Cup finely chopped mix veggies ( Beans, Carrots, Capsicum, peas)
- 1/2 Cup Pre cooked Kodo Millet
- 1 Finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tsp Pav bhaji Masala
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp oil
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure cooker add oil and 2 tbsp water.
- Spread onion to cover the base.
- Add other veggies, salt, masala, ginger garlic paste and chilli powder.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 whistles. Switch off.
- Carefully release pressure manually.
- Mix in the cooked rice and give a good mix.
- Keep it covered for 10 minutes so that the flavours mix with rice.
- Serve with Onion raitha.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email