A cup of tea and a few hot tikkis are best suited for the cold evenings!! Jowar tikkis loaded with veggies are the healthiest snack one can indulge without thinking much on calories. This recipe is children friendly and they would love to munch on without any fuss!
- 1 Cup Whole Jowar Grains
- 1 Medium size boiled potato
- 1/4 Cup each of finely chopped veggies (carrot, beetroot, capsicum, beans)
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Curry Leaves
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pomegranate seeds powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander, Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp Grated Garlic
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 Cup Gram Flour/Besan/Kadala maavu
- Soak jowar grains over night or 10 hours.
- Drain and grind coarsely without adding water.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above and make a thick dough.
- It may not need any water for binding, as the water from veggies will be enough. If required, add a few tbsp.
- Heat oil in a pan. Divide the dough, make small tikkis and fry them on medium heat.
- Serve with green Chutney.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email