Morkali is a traditional dish prepared with rice flour and Sour buttermilk. Adding veggies to this dish increases the nutritive value.
- 1 cup Multi Millet Flour
- 2 cups sour thick buttermilk
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves puree
- 1/4 cup carrot puree
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 3 dried curd chilli/mormilagai
- 3 tbsp oil
- a few curry leaves
- Heat a pan, add oil and do the seasoning.
- In a bowl mix buttermilk and millet flour adding salt.
- Add the seasoning to the batter.
- Divide the batter into three portions.
- Add coriander leaves puree to one portion and carrot puree to another.
- Grease the bunt cake tin and pour the green batter followed by white and orange.
- In a pressure cooker, add a cup of water and place the cake mould.
- Close and cook for 6 whistles. Open after the pressure settles down.
- Remove from the cake tin after it cools down completely and serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?