Tofu is high in protein and contains all the essential amino acids our body needs. It also provides fats, carbs and a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. As my son is a vegan, I used tofu for this recipe. It can be substituted with paneer.
- 2 Cups Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Crumbled Tofu
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tsp Jeera Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Amchoor powder
- 4 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- Oil for making parathas
- Autolyse jowar flour and keep aside. To know about autolysis, please check my Millet Roti post.
- Mix other ingredients except oil.
- Divide the jowar dough in 10 equal portions.
- Roll out thin rotis.
- Take a rolled roti, apply little oil and place a tbsp of tofu mix.
- Cover with another roti and seal the edges with the help of water so that both rotis stick well and does not open up.
- Transfer the paratha to a preheated pan/tawa and cook both sides on medium heat with oil. Roast till both the sides are evenly lightly browned.
- Similarly make the remaining parathas.
- Serve hot with curd/raitha.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email