Urad dal rice is a nutty, flavourful rice from Thirunelveli district of TamilNadu. A very healthy rice variety which is served with sesame chutney/ellu thuvayal. I have never tasted this until I made it at home! My friend Srividhya Pratheepan shared the recipe using rice and I adapted it to suit millets and my taste. Thanks Vidhya for sharing the recipe.
- 1/2 Cup Kodo Millet
- 1/4 Cup Split black gram dal/Karuppu ulundhu
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1.5 Cups Water
- Wash and soak millet and dal for an hour. Drain.
- In a 2 Ltr cooker, add all the ingredients. Cook on high for 6 Whistles.
- Let pressure settle down. Open and fluff up after 10 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Can increase the quantity of garlic upto 1/4 Cup.
2. Can use Little/Barnyard/Foxtail Millet for this recipe.