- Cooks in : 6 min Serves: 2 people
Urad dal rice is a nutty, flavourful rice from Thirunelveli district of TamilNadu. A very healthy rice variety which is served with sesame chutney/ellu thuvayal. I have never tasted this until I made it at home! My friend Srividhya Pratheepan shared the recipe using rice and I adapted it to suit millets and my taste. Thanks Vidhya for sharing the recipe.
- 1/2 Cup Kodo Millet
- 1/4 Cup Split black gram dal/Karuppu ulundhu
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1.5 Cups Water
- Wash and soak millet and dal for an hour. Drain.
- In a 2 Ltr cooker, add all the ingredients. Cook on high for 6 Whistles.
- Let pressure settle down.
- Open and fluff up after 10 minutes.
1. Can increase the quantity of garlic upto 1/4 Cup.
2. Can use Little/Barnyard/Foxtail Millet for this recipe.