Upma Kozhukattai/ Dumpling is an age old dish slightly different from regular upma prepared with broken rice and some spices. I have replaced rice with Millet grits.
- 2 Cups Barnyard/Kudhiraivali Millet Grits
- 1.25 tsp Salt
- Water 2 Cups
- 4 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 2 Green Chillies Chopped
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- A few Curry Leaves
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker, do the seasoning.
- Add water, salt and cook for a whistle.
- Carefully release the pressure immediately and add grated coconut and the millet grits. Give a good mix and keep it covered for 15 minutes.
- Open and mix once again.
- Make dumplings once they are warm enough to handle and steam them for 7 minutes.
- Serve with Chutney/Sambar/Gothsu
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email