Upma Kozhukattai/ Dumpling is an age old dish slightly different from regular upma prepared with broken rice and some spices. I have replaced rice with Millet grits.
- 2 Cups Barnyard/Kudhiraivali Millet Grits
- 1.25 tsp Salt
- Water 2 Cups
- 4 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 2 Green Chillies Chopped
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- A few Curry Leaves
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker, do the seasoning.
- Add water, salt and cook for a whistle.
- Carefully release the pressure immediately and add grated coconut and the millet grits. Give a good mix and keep it covered for 15 minutes.
- Open and mix once again.
- Make dumplings once they are warm enough to handle and steam them for 7 minutes.
- Serve with Chutney/Sambar/Gothsu
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email