This dosa variety was new to me when one of my friends shared the original udupi recipe! I was too tempted and tried with millet and this has become a regular now. The tangy spicy taste makes everyone fall in love with this pull apart dosa again and again!
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Urad Dal
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp jeera
- A Pinch of Methi/Fenugreek seeds
- A small lemon size tamarind soaked in water
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery
- 10 - 12 Red Chillies
- Soak the millet and urad dal together for 2 hours.
- Dry grind the masala ingredients first, add the soaked millet and grind them to a thick dosa batter consistency. Add salt and mix well.
- Cut the vegetable in to thin slices.
- Dip the slices in the batter and start arranging on the tawa to form a dosa shape. Keep it in low flame, add oil and cook evenly on both sides.
- Dosas can be made immediately. No need of fermentation.
- Veggies like brinjal and drumstick leaves can also be used. Mix the leaves to the batter and make dosas.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?