Uthappam is a thick of dosa with veggies added to it. Generally sour dosa batter is turned in to delicious uthappams by adding spices and veggies. In this recipe, I have also included barley along with other ingredients which makes the dish more nutritious.
- 2 Cups Foxtail/Thinai Millet
- 1/2 Cup Pearl Barley
- 1/2 Cup Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1/4 Cup Each Grated Veggies of (Carrot, coriander leaves, radish)
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Finely Chopped Tomato
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 10 Curry Leaves
- Wash and soak millet, barley, dal and methi seeds together for 4 hours.
- Using a blender, grind to fine smooth batter.
- Add salt and allow it to ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Before making uthappams, add jeera to the batter.
- Heat a pan on medium flame, pour two ladles of batter and spread.
- Sprinkle the veggies over the batter. Drizzle a tsp of oil around the dosa.
- Cover with a lid and cook till the bottom becomes crisp.
- Gently turn the dosa and cook for a minute.
- Serve with sambar/Chutney.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?