Baking is my passion and I love to explore with millets. Since millets are gluten free, it is always a challenge to bake a perfect cake. For this delicious gluten free cake, I have used bajra flour and as you can see, it turned out soft and moist. I baked this cake for my vegan son's birthday!
- 3/4 Cup Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu Flour
- 1/2 Cup Nattu Sarkarai/Brown Sugar
- 3.5 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sugar free Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Powder + 2 Tbsp Water ( For flax gel)
- 1.5 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extrac
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 10 Thinly Chopped Almonds
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Water for making the batter
- In a wide bowl add flaxseed powder, 2 tbsp water and mix well. Keep aside for 5 minutes so that flax gel is formed.
- After 5 minutes, add vinegar, oil, cocoa powder, coffee powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla extract to the gel and mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well with other ingredients. Finally add millet flour and fold. Add a few tbsp of water to get the desired batter consistency.
- Grease a cake tin, pour the batter and tap lightly. Sprinkle almonds on top and gently press with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Replace 1/4 Cup bajra flour with maida/wheat flour for a non gluten cake.
- Jaggery powder/refined sugar can be used instead of brown sugar.