Poha is a quick filling breakfast item popular all over India. Even though I have shared a simple poha recipe earlier, wanted to share this healthy variation with loads of veggies!
- 1 Cup Barnyard /Kudhiraivali Flakes/Poha
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped veggies of potato, carrot, beans, peas and cauliflower
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 6 Curry leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Wash and drain the millet. Keep aside.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add the following:
- Layer 1: 2 Tbsp Oil and 1 Tbsp water. Spread the mix evenly on the base of the cooker.
- Layer 2: Jeera and green chillies
- Layer 3: Chopped onions. Spread them evenly to cover the base.
- Layer 4: Spread the veggies evenly
- Layer 5: Turmeric powder, salt, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Cook for 2 Whistles. Switch off.
- Manually release the pressure carefully.
- Add the drained flakes/poha and give a good mix.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes with weight on.
- Open, add lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve with a hot cup of tea!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?