Poha is a quick filling breakfast item popular all over India. Even though I have shared a simple poha recipe earlier, wanted to share this healthy variation with loads of veggies!
- 1 Cup Barnyard /Kudhiraivali Flakes/Poha
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped veggies of potato, carrot, beans, peas and cauliflower
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp (Cold Pressed) Oil
- 6 Curry leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Wash and drain the millet. Keep aside.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add the following:
- Layer 1: 2 Tbsp Oil and 1 Tbsp water. Spread the mix evenly on the base of the cooker.
- Layer 2: Jeera and green chillies
- Layer 3: Chopped onions. Spread them evenly to cover the base.
- Layer 4: Spread the veggies evenly
- Layer 5: Turmeric powder, salt, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Cook for 2 Whistles. Switch off.
- Manually release the pressure carefully.
- Add the drained flakes/poha and give a good mix.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes with weight on.
- Open, add lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve with a hot cup of tea!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?