Verum Kambu Adai means it has only kambu or pearl millet as the main ingredient. Verum airsi adai is an age old recipe of Tamilnadu and Palakkad where adais are made using only rice. This adai can be served as breakfast as well as snack. The crispy adai or pan cake is loaded with veggies and has the goodness of whole grains. Kids will love the crispy texture and taste.
- 1 Cup Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu Grains
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger Piece
- 1 Cup Grated Mix veggies (carrots, raw mango and chopped onions and coriander leaves)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- Wash and soak the grains for 4 hours. Drain.
- Grind along with green chillies, ginger and salt to a thick fine batter by adding little water.
- Mix in the veggies and asafoetida powder.
- Take a small ball size batter and pat it on a greased banana leaf. Transfer to a hot tawa and sprinkle oil from sides and in the middle. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame till the bottom becomes crisp and the top gets cooked in the steam formed inside the lid.
- Serve with chutney/sambar/ podi/jaggery/butter.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Vegetables like bottle gourd, cabbage, beetroot, moringa leaves can be added.