My cousin who is a great cook recently shared this recipe using rice. I tried with millets and the result was so yummy! The preparation is very simple and is suitable for breakfast, snack or dinner. Leftover cooked millet can be used for this recipe. Pankajam, thanks for sharing an awesome recipe!
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Little Millet/Samai
- 1/2 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 10 Curry Leaves
- Mix cooked millet, flour, salt, chilli powder and green chillies. Knead well to make a smooth dough.
- Divide into marble size portions and shape them into long sticks.
- In a pan add enough water and heat. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat, add the sticks and cook till they start floating on top. It may take 10 minutes. Switch off.
- Remove the sticks and allow it to cool.
- In a pan heat oil and do the seasoning. Add the sticks and toss for 5 minutes on medium heat. Switch off.
- Sprinkle grated coconut and serve with green chutney.
- Add salt, asafoetida powder and buttermilk to the leftover water. It becomes a porridge drink.
1. Any cooked millet and millet flour can be used.
2. Can add grated carrots instead of coconut.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?