Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Wraps are a perfect lunch box item, which have the right balance of all nutrients. Kids love the rolls as compared to normal roti and sabji. Since millets are gluten free, they break easily when rolled and that is why I have added wheat flour so that they retain their shape for a long time. Those who don’t want to add wheat to their rotis can make wraps only with millet flour and have them immediately. Please refer my Millet Roti post for making perfect millet rotis easily.
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
For the Filling:
- 1/2 Cup each of (grated onions, finely chopped tomatoes, cabbage, capsicum, carrots, soaked crumbled soya chunks)
- 1/2 Tsp each of (Salt, Panch Phoran Masala/Garam Masala powder, Cumin Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Chilli Sauce, Tomato Ketchup)
- 1/2 Cup Green Chutney
- 1/2 Cup Grated Onions
- Mix the ingredients given under the heading “For Roti” and make a soft dough by adding water. Cover and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Make rotis as you do normally.
In a 2ltr pc add 1tbsp water, oil.
L1: 1/2C grated onion, ch tomatoes
L2: 1/2c grated cabbage, carrot strips, soaked crumbled soya chunks, capsicum
L3: 1/2 tsp ( salt, panch phoran, grated ginger garlic, cumin powder)
Cook on high for 2 whistles. Release Pressure. Mix in 1/2tsp (chilli sauce, tomato ketchup).
On a medium heat, add 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add onions and saute till transparent. Once done add other veggies, crumbled soya, spices and saute till everything is cooked. Finally add chilli sauce and ketchup.
TO MAKE WRAPS:
Spread a tbsp of green chutney on the roti.
Place 2tbsp of veggies, some freshly grated onions. Wrap tightly.
- Filling the roti with too much of veggies will make it difficult to roll.
- Keep the filling at one end of the roti leaving an inch space, so that it will be easy to roll.
- For the lunch box, roll the the wraps in a butter paper, so that they remain intact.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Lovely,thank you.I am always on the lookout for new and creative recipes for my kids to eat at school which are also healthy.These wraps look tempting.
Thanks so much for your visit. Please try this recipe and share your experience.