Aval/Poha is very versatile and many dishes can be prepared using this. One such simple, easy and tasty dish is laddu which can be prepared quickly. Millet flakes are low in GI and high in fibre content. So they are diabetic friendly and helps in weight loss. They are made using whole grains and are gluten free.
- 2 Cups Sorghum Aval/Poha/Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Naatu Sarkarai/Jaggery powder (heaped)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Powder
- 1/2 Cup Melted Warm Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Heat a pan and dry roast the flakes on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes till they are warm. Make powder using mixie. The powder will measure 1 Cup.
- Now mix almond, powder, sugar powder, cardamom powder and mix without lumps using hands.
- Pour warm ghee and thoroughly mix everything. Make laddu when the mixture is warm.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Any millet flakes can be used for this recipe.
- Can add roasted nuts to the mixture before making laddu.
- Roasted coconut can be added instead of almond flour.
- More ghee can be added.