Aval or poha Puttu is a traditional dish which can be prepared within 10 minutes. A simple easy and healthy dish which even children would love to indulge. I used Finger Millet or Ragi flakes for this recipe.
- 2 Cups Finger Millet/Ragi Aval/Flakes
- 3/4 Cup Palm Sugar or Jaggery Powder
- 1/2 Cup Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Ghee fried cashewnut pieces
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- A small pinch of salt
- Heat a pan and roast the flakes for a minute on low heat. Switch off.
- Once cooled, crush them slightly with hands.
- Mix salt and add a few tablespoons of water. The flakes should be moist. So add very little water at a time.
- Steam the flakes for 5 minutes in a cooker. Let it cool down.
- Add palm sugar or jaggery, cardamom powder, ghee and coconut.
- Mix well and serve.
1. Any other millet flakes can also be used instead of Ragi flakes.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?