Ending this year with a perfect healthy recipe. Wishing all my readers a very healthy and happy new year! Curry leaves are rich source of iron and folic acid. They help to control the blood sugar levels and are rich in Vitamin A,B and E. This variety rice is very popular in Tamilnadu. I used Barnyard Millet for this recipe.
- 1 Cup Cooked and cooked Barnyard Millet (1 cup measure of cooked rice)
- 1/4 Cup Curry Leaves (Wash and dry)
- 1 Tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- A Small piece of tamarind
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- In a pan add oil and roast urad dal, pepper, jeera and red chilli. Remove.
- In the remaining oil on a low heat, roast curry leaves till crisp. Remove.
- Grind all the above to a coarse powder adding salt, asafoetida powder and tamarind.
- Add this powder to the cooked millet and mix thoroughly.
- A tsp of oil can be added while mixing.
- A flavourful curry leaves rice is ready.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. This curry leaves powder can be made in bulk and stored in an air tight container.
2. For cooking perfect non mushy millet, please check my post Millet Rice.