Many of my friends find it difficult to cook perfect millet rice. They face problems like under cooked, over cooked or cooked but the rice becoming dry after sometime. So wanted to share the basic millet rice recipe. Millets like Kodo, Little, Barnyard and Foxtail are used for making rice.
- 1 Cup Kodo/Little/Barnyard/Foxtail Millet (Varagu/ Samai/ Kudhiraivali/Thinai)
- 2 Cups Water
- Wash the millet thoroughly. Soak for an hour. Drain.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add 2 cups of water and millet.
- Cook for 3 whistles.
- Open after pressure settles down.
- Fluff up after 10 minutes with a fork.
- Perfectly cooked soft non mushy rice ready.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- If you are using polished variety, soaking for 10 minutes will do.