Nasi Goreng is a popular stir fried rice of Bali, Indonesia. The cooked and cooled rice is mixed with loads of veggies or meat and spices. I used cooked Little Millet for this recipe and it was ready in 10 minutes with full of flavours!
- 2 Cups precooked and cooled Little Millet/Samai
- 1/2 Cup each (carrots, cabbage, capsicum, beans, spring Onions)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh green peas
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Shallots/Onion
- 1.5 Tbsp Chopped garlic cloves
- 3 Tsp each ( Water, oil)
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp each (Sugar, Salt, Pepper)
- 1/2 Tsp each (Tamarind Paste, Chilli Sauce)
- 1 Slit Green Chilli
- Heat a pan and oil. Add onions, garlic and sauté for a minute. Now, add beans and carrots. Stir fry them on high heat for 2 minutes. Now add green chillies, cabbage, peas and capsicum. Add salt.
- Now add green chillies, cabbage, peas and capsicum. Add salt. Keep the pan covered for 2 minutes and cook on low heat till the veggies gets cooked but remain crunchy. This may take 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once done, add sugar, salt, pepper, soya sauce, chilli sauce tamarind paste. Mix everything well and cook on high heat for a minute by mixing them continuously. Turn n off the heat.
- Mix in 2 Cups of cooked millet. Keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Aromatic Nasi Goreng ready!
1. Kodo/Foxtail/Barnyard Millets can also be used for this recipe.
2. To cook perfect non mushy millet, check my post Millet Rice .
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?