Cooks in : 10 min Serves: 2 people
Nasi Goreng is a popular stir fried rice of Bali, Indonesia. The cooked and cooled rice is mixed with loads of veggies or meat and spices. I used cooked Little Millet for this recipe and it was ready in 10 minutes with full of flavours!
- 2 Cups precooked and cooled Little Millet/Samai
- 1/2 Cup each (carrots, cabbage, capsicum, beans, spring Onions)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh green peas
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Shallots/Onion
- 1.5 Tbsp Chopped garlic cloves
- 3 Tsp each ( Water, oil)
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp each (Sugar, Salt, Pepper)
- 1/2 Tsp each (Tamarind Paste, Chilli Sauce)
- 1 Slit Green Chilli
In a 2 Ltr Cooker add as follows:
- Layer 1: Water, Oil
- Layer 2: Chopped Shallots, Garlic cloves
- Layer 3: Green Chilli, Beans, carrots, capsicum, cabbage, peas and spring onion
- Layer 4: Sugar, Salt, Pepper, Soya sauce, Chilli sauce Tamarind paste
Cook on high for 2 Whistles. Release Pressure. Mix in 2 Cups of cooked millet. Keep covered for 5 minutes.
Aromatic Nasi Goreng ready!
1. Kodo/Foxtail/Barnyard Millets can also be used for this recipe.
2. To cook perfect non mushy millet, check my post Millet Rice .