Idlis are all time favourite breakfast dish enjoyed throughout our country. Generally parboiled rice is used for making idlis. I have made idlis with all millets and they are equally soft, porus and tasty like the rice ones. Multi Millet idli recipe is already shared. Foxtail Millet idli's light yellow colour attracts everyone and you won't regret making this low carb breakfast delicay!
- 3 Cups Foxtail Millet/Thinai
- 1 Cup Urad Dal
- 3/4 Cup Red Poha/Rice flakes
- 1 tsp Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- 3 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet, dal and poha separately for four hours.
- Soak fenugreek seeds along with urad dal.
- In a blender, first grind dal and fenugreek seeds by adding very little water to a fluffy consistency. Use a table spoon to add water as and when needed.
- Grind the millet using very little water to a smooth batter followed by Poha.
- Mix everything well adding salt and keep aside for 8 hours to ferment.
- Using the Idli cooker, make idlis and serve with Chutney/Sambar.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?