Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
A popular dish throughout India is Idli. I have shared so many varieties of idlis. Still want to share the recipes of lemon idlis and podi idlis which can be served as starters for a party! A nutritious starter is better than the fried ones generally served during parties! Impress your guests with these low calorie starters!! They will be surprised by the tangy and spicy idlis!!
For Lemon Idlis:
- 2 Cups Multi Millet Idli Batter (recpie from my earlier post Multi Millet Idlis with Chetinaad Kaara Chutney)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida,
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Curry Leaves
For Podi Idlis:
- 2 Cups `Multi Millet Idli batter
- 2 Tbsp Idli Podi
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- Do the seasoning with oil. Transfer half the qty to the batter.
- Add lemon juice and turmeric powder to the batter. Mix everything well.
- Make small button idlis by steaming for 10 minutes.
- Once idlis are ready, arrange them on a plate and pour the balance seasoning.
- Make button idlis.
- In a pan add oil and temper mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the idlis and sprinkle idli podi.
- Saute for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Transfer to the same plate in which lemon idlis are kept.
Arranging the plate:
- Place both idlis alternatively and insert toothpick in each.
- You may garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut
- For basic multi millet idli batter recipe check my post Multi Millet Idlis with Chetinaad Kaara Chutney.
- I have also made Tri Colour, Bajra, Thatte, Foxtail Millet, Kanchipuram, Fried Podi, and Bajra with Sprouted Horsegram idlis before which you might enjoy.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?