Thatte idli means plate idli. They are famous all over Karnataka especially on Bangalore Mysore route. Idlis are made on plates and served with chutney and sambar. I replaced rice with Barnyard Millet.
- 3 Cups Barnyard Millet
- 1 Cup Urad Dal
- 1 Cup Poha ( Beaten rice flakes)
- 3/4 Cup Sabudana
- 2.5 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak everything separately for 4 hours.
- Using a blender, grind smoothly. Add salt and mix everything well.
- Ferment overnight. Proper fermentation gives soft fluffy idlis.
- Grease the thatte idli plates and pour 2 laddle full of batter on each plate. Arrange the plates on thatte idli stand.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the idlis from the plates and serve with sambar/chutney/podi.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?