Thatte idli means plate idli. They are famous all over Karnataka especially on Bangalore Mysore route. Idlis are made on plates and served with chutney and sambar. I replaced rice with Barnyard Millet.
- 3 Cups Barnyard Millet
- 1 Cup Urad Dal
- 1 Cup Poha ( Beaten rice flakes)
- 3/4 Cup Sabudana
- 2.5 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak everything separately for 4 hours.
- Using a blender, grind smoothly. Add salt and mix everything well.
- Ferment overnight. Proper fermentation gives soft fluffy idlis.
- Grease the thatte idli plates and pour 2 laddle full of batter on each plate. Arrange the plates on thatte idli stand.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the idlis from the plates and serve with sambar/chutney/podi.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email