Idlis are a popular breakfast item of our country, particularly in South. My millet idlis are as tasty, soft and porus as rice idlis. I have served the idlis with Chettinaad Kaara Chutney.
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1 Cup Little Millet/Samai
- 1 Cup Barnyard Millet/Kudhiraivali
- 1 Cup rice flakes/poha
- 1 Cup Urad dal
- 1 tsp Methi seeds
- 3 tsp salt
- Wash and soak millets together for 4 hours.
- Wash and soak the dal and methi seeds together for 4 hours.
- Wash and soak poha for 2 hours separately.
- Using a blender/mixie, first grind the dal and methi seeds till it becomes fluffy. Add very little water while grinding.
- Grind the millet using little water and add to the ground dal.
- Grind the soaked poha to a smooth consistency.
- Mix the ground dal, millet, poha well adding salt.
- Ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Make idlis using an idli cooker.
- Serve with sambar/chutney/podi
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?