The leftover idlis are usually converted into upma to give them new life. Onion is sauted along with seasoning and idlis are added after crumbling and cooked briefly. I made the upma more healthy by adding veggies.
- 2 Cups crumbled millet idlis ( approximately 5 to 6 idlis depending on the size)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped mixed Veggies (potato, carrot, beans)
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Idli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 Tsp asafoetida
- 10 Chopped Curry Leaves
- In a 2 Ltr Cooker add as follows:
- Layer 1 : 1 Tbsp each of Water and Oil
- Layer 2 : Chopped Onion
- Layer 3 : Chopped veggies, curry leaves, ginger
- Layer 4 : Salt, Idli Powder, Asafoetida, turmeric powder.
- Cook for 2 whistles. Manually release pressure. Add a seasoning of 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp each of urad dal and chana dal in a tsp of oil. Mix in crumbled idlis and mix well. Keep covered for 10 Minutes.
- A healthy breakfast is ready in 10 minutes.
- Check my detailed post on Multi Millet Idli for making soft millet idlis.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?