The leftover idlis are usually converted into upma to give them new life. Onion is sauted along with seasoning and idlis are added after crumbling and cooked briefly. I made the upma more healthy by adding veggies.
- 2 Cups crumbled millet idlis ( approximately 5 to 6 idlis depending on the size)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped mixed Veggies (potato, carrot, beans)
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Idli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 Tsp asafoetida
- 10 Chopped Curry Leaves
- In a 2 Ltr Cooker add as follows:
- Layer 1 : 1 Tbsp each of Water and Oil
- Layer 2 : Chopped Onion
- Layer 3 : Chopped veggies, curry leaves, ginger
- Layer 4 : Salt, Idli Powder, Asafoetida, turmeric powder.
- Cook for 2 whistles. Manually release pressure. Add a seasoning of 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp each of urad dal and chana dal in a tsp of oil. Mix in crumbled idlis and mix well. Keep covered for 10 Minutes.
- A healthy breakfast is ready in 10 minutes.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Check my detailed post on Multi Millet Idli for making soft millet idlis.