Kesari/Sooji Halwa/Sheera is a popular sweet variety throughout our country. Many variations are done by adding various fruit pulps to make it as fruit Kesari. I have already shared 2 Kesari recipes. In this recipe, I have used mango puree to make it as mango Kesari. Try this easy, tasty recipe before the mango season ends!
- 1 Cup Little Millet Rava
- 1 Cup Country Sugar
- 1 Cup Mango Puree
- 2.75 Cups Water
- 2 + 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil/Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Fried Cashew nut pieces
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric Powder/Yellow Food Colour
- A Pinch of Salt
- Heat a pan add 2 tbsp oil/ghee and dry roast millet rava for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 2 Cups of water and mix well. Keep covered and cook till all the water is absorbed. Mix in between a couple of times. It may take 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 Cup more water and cook further till the millet becomes soft. Milk can also be used at this stage. It will take another 2 minutes. Finally add another 1/4 cup water and cook for a minute.
- Now add mango puree and mix well. Add sugar, salt and cook on medium heat till it reaches the halwa consistency. Finally add 1 tbsp oil/ghee, fried nuts and cardamom powder.
- Turn off heat and let it remain the retained heat for a few minutes. Yummy mango Kesari is ready!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Other millet rava can also be used for this recipe.
- Can add more oil/ghee according to individual preference.
- 50% of water can be replaced with milk.