Nowadays we get a variety of millet vermicelli/semiya. A lot of dishes can be prepared using these vermicelli. This kheer recipe with the goodness of mango, palm candy sugar and non diary milk is a perfect healthy dessert. Try this recipe before mangoes vanishes from the market!
- 1 Cup (heaped) Little Millet Vermicelli
- 2 Cups Almond/Coconut/Cashew milk
- 1 Cup Mango pulp or finely chopped mango pieces
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup Palm candy sugar powder/Panamkalkandu powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Cashew, almond slivers
- Dry roast the millet vermicelli. Add water and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add milk, cardamom powder and palm candy sugar powder. Cook on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off and keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Once the kheer comes to room temperature, mix in mango pulp/pieces.
- Garnish with nuts. Serve chill.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Millet semiya is very thin and delicate. So while roasting, make sure the heat is at the lowest.
2. Dairy milk can also be added instead of nut milk. In that case, adding 2 tbsp of condensed milk enhances the taste and flavour.
3. Any millet semiya can be used for this recipe.
4. For making non diary milk at home, soak 10 each of cashews and almonds, grind along with 2 tbsp of grated coconut. First grind to a fine paste, add a Cup of water and strain. Grind the paste once again adding 1/2 Cup water and strain. Mix both the milk.
5. For this kheer recipe, there is no need for straining. The fine paste can be added along with water.