Mullu thenkuzhal is a snack item made during Janmashtami and Diwali. Rice flour is mixed with lentil flours and deep fried to make this crispy snack. I replaced rice flour with jowar flour and added kasoori methi for flavour.
- 2 Cups Jowar/Cholam flour
- 1 Cup mix flour of Moong dal and Chana dal. (To get this, slightly dry roast equal portions of dals and grind it in a flour mill)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 4 tbsp Crushed Kasoori Methi
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix the flours with salt, asafoetida, butter and kasoori methi.
- Add water and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Using the star shaped plate, press the dough in circular motion in the hot oil.
- Cook on both sides till it becomes crispy.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Reduce the heat of the oil to medium once it is hot enough to deep fry. Otherwise, thenkuzhal will turn dark.