Cooks in : 30 min Serves: 2 people
Namak Para also known as Nimki is a crunchy savoury snack item, generally seasoned with cumin seeds or ajwain/omam. This is a tea time snack. I have used jowar flour along with powdered semolina/sooji/rawa.
- 1/2 Cup Rava/Sooji
- 1/2 cup Jowar/Cholam Flour
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ajwain/omam
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Oil for deep frying
- Dry roast rava till nice aroma on low heat and grind it to fine powder.
- Add jowar flour, salt, ajwain and ghee.
- Mix with fingers so that the ghee mixes evenly.
- Add water and make a tight dough.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll into 1/2″ thick rotis.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Deep fry in oil on medium heat.
- Drain the excess oil on a tissue.
- Once cooked, store the paras in an air tight container.