Namak Para also known as Nimki is a crunchy savoury snack item, generally seasoned with cumin seeds or ajwain/omam. This is a tea time snack. I have used jowar flour along with powdered semolina/sooji/rawa.
- 1/2 Cup Rava/Sooji
- 1/2 cup Jowar/Cholam Flour
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ajwain/omam
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Oil for deep frying
- Dry roast rava till nice aroma on low heat and grind it to fine powder.
- Add jowar flour, salt, ajwain and ghee.
- Mix with fingers so that the ghee mixes evenly.
- Add water and make a tight dough.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll into 1/2 inch thick rotis.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Deep fry in oil on medium heat.
- Drain the excess oil on a tissue.
- Once cooked, store the paras in an air tight container.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?