Generally paniyarams are made with the leftover idli/dosa batter. I used the ''Azhagar Kovil Dosai'' batter to make paniyarams and it turned out to be soft, light, healthy and tasty with veggies added to it!
- 2 Cups Azhagar Kovil Dosai batter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped mixed veggies (Carrot, Cabbage, Beans, Mint and coriander leaves
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1/2 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- A Few Chopped Curry Leaves
- In a pan add oil and temper mustard seeds. Add asafoetida, Curry leaves, green chilli and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds. Add onion and saute till transparant. Add other veggies, salt and saute for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Transfer this to the batter and mix well.
- Heat an Appe Pan/Paniyaram pan pour a few drops of oil and fill with batter. When the bottom is well cooked and becomes crisp, flip and cook the other side. Once done, remove. Healthy paniyarams ready!
- Serve with Coconut chutney.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Recipe for Azhagar Kovil Dosai batter.