This dish is a winter special when fresh peas are available in plenty! The paniyarams are made protein rich by adding peas and it gives a good taste. Try this healthy variation before fresh peas vanishes from the market!
- 2 Cups Multi Millet Flour
- 1/2 Cup Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- 1 Cup Fresh Peas
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera
- 1.25 Tsp Salt
- Soak dal and methi seeds for 2 hours.
- Using a blender, grind to a smooth batter.
- Add millet flour, salt and make a thick batter adding water. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Ferment the batter over night.
- Before making paniyarams, boil the fresh green peas for a whistle along with green chillies, jeera and grind to a smooth paste. Add this to the batter.
- Using appe pan make paniyarams and serve with onion chutney.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Any single millet flour can be used instead of multi millet flour.