This dish is a winter special when fresh peas are available in plenty! The paniyarams are made protein rich by adding peas and it gives a good taste. Try this healthy variation before fresh peas vanishes from the market!
- 2 Cups Multi Millet Flour
- 1/2 Cup Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- 1 Cup Fresh Peas
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera
- 1.25 Tsp Salt
- Soak dal and methi seeds for 2 hours.
- Using a blender, grind to a smooth batter.
- Add millet flour, salt and make a thick batter adding water. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Ferment the batter over night.
- Before making paniyarams, boil the fresh green peas for a whistle along with green chillies, jeera and grind to a smooth paste. Add this to the batter.
- Using appe pan make paniyarams and serve with onion chutney.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Any single millet flour can be used instead of multi millet flour.