Multi Millet Flour is very useful for making many dishes. I have shared a lot of recipes using this flour. I often receive query regarding how to make the flour. So thought of sharing the recipe today. I learnt the basic recipe from my friend and improved it so that it can be used for making snacks also.
- 1/2 Kg Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1/2 Kg Little Millet/Samai
- 1/2 Kg Foxtail Millet/Thinai
- 1/2 Kg Barnyard Millet/Kudhiraivali
- 1/2 Kg Sorghum/Jowar/Cholam
- Mix all the millets well.
- Wash 2 to 3 times well and shade dry on a cotton cloth for 2 to 3 days till it becomes completely dry.
- Grind to a fine flour in a nearby mill.
- This is known as processed flour which is best suited for making snacks like murukku, omapodi etc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. I don’t add Finger Millet/Ragi and Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu because both give a dark colour to the flour. Moreover, bajra turns slightly bitter if kept for a long time. So, it is better to avoid these two.