Multi Millet Flour is very useful for making many dishes. I have shared a lot of recipes using this flour. I often receive query regarding how to make the flour. So thought of sharing the recipe today. I learnt the basic recipe from my friend and improved it so that it can be used for making snacks also.
- 1/2 Kg Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1/2 Kg Little Millet/Samai
- 1/2 Kg Foxtail Millet/Thinai
- 1/2 Kg Barnyard Millet/Kudhiraivali
- 1/2 Kg Sorghum/Jowar/Cholam
- Mix all the millets well.
- Wash 2 to 3 times well and shade dry on a cotton cloth for 2 to 3 days till it becomes completely dry.
- Grind to a fine flour in a nearby mill.
- This is known as processed flour which is best suited for making snacks like murukku, omapodi etc.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. I don’t add Finger Millet/Ragi and Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu because both give a dark colour to the flour. Moreover, bajra turns slightly bitter if kept for a long time. So, it is better to avoid these two.