Omapodi is a snack item which my family enjoys very much. This goes well as a garnishing for chaat items and as a side dish for some rice varieties. I used multi millet flour for this recipe.
- 1 Cup Gram Flour/Kadala Maavu/Besan
- 1 Cup Multi Millet Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Carom/Ajwain/Omam seeds
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- Soak carom seeds for 20 minutes in 1/4 Cup water.
- Drain and grind to a fine paste. Add the drained water and sieve using a tea filter. Collect the ajwain infused water.
- Mix the ingredients mentioned above and ajwain water.
- Add some more water to make a soft dough.
- Heat Oil. Use a small dotted hole plate of the press, squeeze some dough in the oil. Deep fry on medium heat. Flip after some time and once it becomes crisp remove and drain the excess oil using a kitchen tissue.
- Once cooled, store it in an air tight container.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email