Paniyarams are famous Chettinad delicacies which are prepared in both sweet and salt versions. Karupatti is used as a sweetener. I have used Palm sugar for this recipe.
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1/2 Cup Red Poha
- 1.5 Cups Palm Sugar
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 cardamom
- 4 tbsp any millet flour
- Wash and soak millet and poha for 2 hours and drain.
- Grind to smooth batter adding coconut and cardamom. Add only a few tbsp of water while grinding.
- Powder the palm sugar and mix in 3 tbsp of water. Strain for impurities.
- Heat this syrup just for a minute or till it starts boiling. Switch off.
- Add this syrup to the batter and mix well. If necessary, add a few tbsp of any millet flour to get a thick dosa batter consistency. Mine required 4 tbsp of flour.
- Keep aside for an hour and make paniyarams with ghee/oil using the paniyaram pan.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?