This is the basic szechwan sauce recipe for all my preparations. The recipe comes from Mr.Ramakrishnan of OPOS fame! It is very simple and with full of flavours! Thanks RK sir for this awesome recipe! Try this and you will never buy again from the market which contains too much of preservatives and MSG!!
- 50 Grams Beydagi Red Chillies
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 1/8 Cup Soya Sauce
- 1/8 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 50 Grams Garlic Cloves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- Soak Chillies in water for an hour and drain.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure cooker, add 1/4 cup sesame oil, cloves, green chillies and soaked red chillies.
- Cook on high heat for 3 minutes or 3 whistles.
- Carefully release pressure.
- Add the balance sesame oil, vinegar, soya sauce, tomato sauce, salt and sugar.
- Blend to a smooth or coarse paste.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Can use other chillies also. But beydagi chilli gives excellent colour.
- Stays fresh for a week on room temperature and in refrigerator for months.
- Check out my Szechwan Thattai recipe where I used this sauce to create a delightful snack.