Thenkuzhal murukku is a traditional snack item generally prepared during festival season. Rice flour is mixed with urad dal flour and spices are added before deep frying. I used multi millet flour for this recipe and it was as tasty as rice thenkuzhal and there is no difference in taste.
- 2 Cups Multi Millet Flour
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Urad Dal Powder
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- (Cold Pressed) Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the above ingredients except oil. Make sure that the butter is mixed thoroughly.
- Add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil and using the round plate of the press, make thenkuzhal and cook on medium heat. Flip and cook both sides.
- Once done, remove and drain excess oil on a paper towel and store them in an air tight container. Stays fresh and crisp for 10 days.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?