Thenkuzhal murukku is a traditional snack item generally prepared during festival season. Rice flour is mixed with urad dal flour and spices are added before deep frying. I used multi millet flour for this recipe and it was as tasty as rice thenkuzhal and there is no difference in taste.
- 2 Cups Multi Millet Flour
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Urad Dal Powder
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the above ingredients except oil. Make sure that the butter is mixed thoroughly.
- Add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil and using the round plate of the press, make thenkuzhal and cook on medium heat. Flip and cook both sides.
- Once done, remove and drain excess oil on a paper towel and store them in an air tight container. Stays fresh and crisp for 10 days.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email