Thatte idli is a famous breakfast item of Karnataka. I have shared thatte idli recipe already. Now, on the eve of our 72nd Independence Day, sharing this tricolour idli recipe which is very easy to prepare with the goodness of veggies! Let us celebrate with the colours of our country! Jai Hind!
- 3 Cups of Multi Millet Idli Batter
- 1/2 C Coriander, Mint puree
- 1/2 C Carrot Puree
- Take a Cup of batter in 3 different cups
- Add coriander puree in one and carrot puree in the second. Keep the third one as it is. 3 batters are ready.
- Now on a greased plate, first pour a small ladle full of green followed by white and orange. Pour in such a way that the batter merges with other.
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Tricolour thatte idli is ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. For green puree, grind coriander and mint leaves without water. Add a tsp of oil while grinding which will help in retaining the bright green colour.
2. For orange Puree, grind carrots to a smooth paste.