Aval/Poha/Avalakki is made into a sweet dish either by adding sugar or Jaggery and offered as prasad during puja. It is a very simple dish and can be made easily. I have used Barnyard/Kudhiraivali poha and jaggery for this dish.
- 1 Cup Barnyard/Kudhiraivali Aval/Poha
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 Cup water for syrup
- 1 tbsp ghee fried nuts
- Wash and soak poha for 3 minutes and drain.
- In a pan add water and jaggery. Make thin syrup.
- Mix in cardamom powder and ghee.
- Add drained poha.
- Mix well on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and nuts.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email