Aval/Poha/Avalakki is made into a sweet dish either by adding sugar or Jaggery and offered as prasad during puja. It is a very simple dish and can be made easily. I have used Barnyard/Kudhiraivali poha and jaggery for this dish.
- 1 Cup Barnyard/Kudhiraivali Aval/Poha
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 Cup water for syrup
- 1 tbsp ghee fried nuts
- Wash and soak poha for 3 minutes and drain.
- In a pan add water and jaggery. Make thin syrup.
- Mix in cardamom powder and ghee.
- Add drained poha.
- Mix well on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and nuts.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?