Badam Katlis are always enjoyed during festivals particularly Diwali. But the consistency of the sugar syrup plays an important role in deciding the texture of the katlis. By OPOS, this difficulty is eliminated and every time perfect katlis are possible, if the recipe is followed without changing anything mentioned below. Use a Kitchen weighing scale to determine the exact quantity.
- 139 grams of Badam Powder with skin
- 109 grams of Palm Sugar Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp Water
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker, add powdered palm sugar, water and ghee.
- Cook for 5 whistles on the small burner of the gas stove on high.
- By carefully releasing the pressure immediately, you can find the perfect syrup for katlis.
- Add the badam powder immediately and mix. Soon it will form a mass.
- Transfer this to the butter paper/aluminium foil.
- Using the rolling pin, flatten the mass evenly to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut in to desired shapes and store once the katlis cool down completely.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email