Poli is generally prepared during festive season. Cooked chana dal and coconut mixed with jaggery is the common stuffing used for this dish. I used coconut poornam to make the dish simple.
- 1 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp (Cold Pressed) Oil
- 1/2 Cup Grated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tsp ghee
- Make Autolysis dough with water, salt and oil. Please refer my millet roti post for a detailed recipe on autolysis dough.
- In a pan add a tablespoon of water and jaggery powder. Heat till thick syrup. Add cardamom powder and grated coconut. Cook on medium flame till everything becomes a mass. Add ghee, mix well and keep aside. Poornam ready.
- Make 2 rotis of same size with the dough. On one roti, spread the poornam leaving 1/4'' on the edges. Apply water with a finger on the edges.
- Cover with other roti seal the edges so that the stuffing doesn't come out.
- Cook both sides of the stuffed polis with ghee/coconut oil on a tawa on medium heat.
- Awesome coconut polis ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?