Poli is generally prepared during festive season. Cooked chana dal and coconut mixed with jaggery is the common stuffing used for this dish. I used coconut poornam to make the dish simple.
- 1 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp oil
- 1/2 Cup Grated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tsp ghee
- Make Autolysis dough with water, salt and oil. Please refer my millet roti post for a detailed recipe on autolysis dough.
- In a pan add a tablespoon of water and jaggery powder. Heat till thick syrup. Add cardamom powder and grated coconut. Cook on medium flame till everything becomes a mass. Add ghee, mix well and keep aside. Poornam ready.
- Make 2 rotis of same size with the dough. On one roti, spread the poornam leaving 1/4'' on the edges. Apply water with a finger on the edges.
- Cover with other roti seal the edges so that the stuffing doesn't come out.
- Cook both sides of the stuffed polis with ghee/coconut oil on a tawa on medium heat.
- Awesome coconut polis ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email