Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 4 people
Diwali, the festival lights is the time when a variety of sweets are made at home. Laddus are the favourite ones which is prepared during this festive season. Generally, rava/sooji or lentils are used to make laddus. I tried with jowar flour and never imagined that it will taste just like rava laddus! I used sugar syrup hack of OPOS.
- 1 Cup Jowar/Cholam flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 100 grms Ghee
- 1/4 Cup Water for making syrup
- 1/8 tps Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp chopped dry fruits roasted in ghee
- A big pinch of Lemon Yellow Colour
- Dry roast the flour on low flame till nice aroma. Switch off.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add sugar, water, cardamom powder, food colour and half the quantity of ghee.
- Close and cook for 4 whistles on small burner high. Carefully release pressure manually.
- Add the roasted flour, dry fruits and mix well. Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Open and transfer the mixture to a mixie jar.
- Add the remaining ghee and give a quick run so that everything gets mixed well without any lump.
- Make laddus and store in an air tight container.