Diwali, the festival lights is the time when a variety of sweets are made at home. Laddus are the favourite ones which is prepared during this festive season. Generally, rava/sooji or lentils are used to make laddus. I tried with jowar flour and never imagined that it will taste just like rava laddus!
- 1 Cup Jowar/Cholam flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 100 grms Ghee
- 1/4 Cup Water for making syrup
- 1/8 tps Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp chopped dry fruits roasted in ghee
- A big pinch of Lemon Yellow Colour
- Dry roast the flour on low flame till nice aroma. Switch off.
- In a pan, add sugar, water, cardamom powder, food colour and ghee. Once the syrup reaches one string consistency, switch off.
- Add the roasted flour, dry fruits and mix well. Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixie jar and give a quick run so that everything gets mixed well without any lump.
- Make laddus and store in an air tight container.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?